Dishonest billing and a bad bed-side manner. Not recommended...., Apr 22, 2013|
I suggest staying away from Reseda Family Medical Clinic run by Dr. Syrus Feridouni. I've never had such a horrifying experience with a doctor or clinic.
1. They bill $390 for just the doctor's visit not including any treatment. In comparison, West Oaks Urgent Care in Winnetka charges about $65.
2. They overbill for service even if you they say they take your insurance. My insurance refused to pay portions of the bill as they exceeded their contractual agreement.
3. Dr. Feridouni has a cruel bed side manner. When cleaning a wound on my daughter's palm which was extremely painful, he asked her if it hurt and when she said it did, he told her "no it doesn't".
4. I was incorrectly and over-billed for services received and when I attempted to resolve the matter by explaining to Dr. Feridouni (in a calm and polite manner) why the billing was incorrect, he started yelling at me, said if I didn't pay he would send me to collections and hung up the phone
he has no time for post op care and will kick you to the curb..., Apr 12, 2013|
his surgery on my wife got infected resulting in 4 days in the hospital, a week after she got out he said it was scar tissue, a week after that she called to say it still hurt, he said somethings not right a to see him in 6 days, i called to complain that 6 days is too long maybe we should go to the hospital, his office called back stating we would recieve a certified letter stating he would not provide her any more care and to find a new doctor, THEY THREW US TO THE CURB, he cut her, it got infected, so too bad find another doctor
Good staff, horrible "doctor" - Wallet stuffer versus actual clinician ..., Feb 10, 2013|
In a few words?
- Horrible bed side manner; dodged questions and threatened to quit when we inquired about alternative treatment methods. This dude is older than the internet as we know it and he was throwing hissy-fits like a rabid Bieber-fan.
- Extremely pessimistic. Every conversation boiled down to DEATH. Look, I get that cancer is no walk in the park, but rubbing our faces in it is counterproductive and honestly, believe it or not, does more harm than good. After the nth time of being told "HE IS GOING TO DIE," we stopped talking to him about and kept his patient visits short.
- Biggest gripe? Cancer research is a constantly developing field and new, novel discoveries are made often enough that you might spot it in the newspaper or online. It should have been a huge red flag when this so-called M.D. was absolutely clueless about significant changes in our understanding of how cancer works.
Final remarks? He gave up on our father when we walked through the door the first time. Had we known of his lazy, outdated way of treatment, we would have walked right back out of that room without hesitation.
horribe doctor, horrible staff, horrible experience..., Jan 21, 2013|
office is filthy and disgusting.my son's appt was at 1:30. we left after 4:00 pm and spent about 3 min with the doctor. office staff Linda (front desk) and referral girl, Laurie extremely rude and has no compassioni for people what so ever! not to mention the doctor herself is a horrible human being let alone horrible doctor! My 7 yr old son had a head injury and needed a MRI. not only was she more concerned with contacting DHS to get his school in trouble but she didnt even look at his head! had to wait 3 wk before getting a call for the MRI. I work as a nurse for a doctors office. WE WOULD NEVER make a patient who has a head injury wait 3 wks! especially a child! When I called her office for the 3rd time, the only answer I could get was "we are working on it" After getting frustrated, I asked the doctor herself call me. Her answer... " If you were truely concerned with your sons health, you would have taken him to the ER and we are doing the best we can dealing with sick people" Im sorry but my child's head injury that is causing him to have blurry vision should be more concerning than someone who has a cold! IF you love yourself or children, dont see Dr Willis!! ever
Dr Conlin practices billing fraud for services not rendered..., Dec 21, 2012|
Went to Dr Conlin for a physical only and I was billed for physical and a separate office visit. All he did was ask me about pre-existing conditions (from form I had to fill out when I arrived) and then he starts billing me as if he is treating me for those conditions, even though I told him I am seeing another specialist for those pre-existing conditions. This is billing fraud. Dr Conlin also tried to prescribe cholesterol medication even though my cholesterol levels were very good, and he became extremely rude when I questioned the need for that.